Staying healthy requires you eat the “appropriate” set of a balanced diet. This is essential because not all balanced diets are healthy. At times, you eat foods that you should absolutely avoid.
There is a lot of confusion surrounding labeling which often put people on the wrong part. For example, some GMO foods are mislabeled for Organic, here, people seem to purchase the wrong thing.
For a healthy and disease-free body, I have put together foods that you should avoid eating. Moreover, understanding terms like “bad snacking,” “unhealthy balanced diet,” “organic food or non-GMO,” and “GMO” would be very helpful.
- Avoid eating high-calorie foods: High-calorie foods are a good source of weight gain. However, it is best to stay clear of such foods. High-calorie foods place the body at risk of having type 2 diabetes and the digestive process is affected. It also endangers the body to heart disease and cancers. Foods that are high in calories are:
- Fruit juice: Avoid taking fruit juice that is high in sugar and is not 100% made of fruit. Consider taking fresh fruit instead.
- Red meat: Females are at risk of having breast cancer when they consume red meat, especially if the meat is “well done.” Moreover, processed meats are high in fats, salt, and preservatives which are considered “not ideal” food if you are avoiding for breast cancer.
- Microwave Popcorn: I strongly advise you avoid taking microwaved popcorn. Microwavable bags are coated with nonstick perfluorochemicals (like perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS)) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA). These chemicals pose a great threat to the body as one risks having cancer. Diacetyl is another hazardous chemical associated with microwaved popcorn. In reality, this butter flavoring compound causes severe lung disease when inhaled in large quantities. Due to the harmful effects of these chemicals, it is important to completely avoid eating micro waved popcorn. You can as well pop your own using organic ingredients.
- Vegetable Oils: “Vegetable oils,” sometimes called “vegetable fats” are saturated fats and are not healthy. Many health authorities such as American Heart Association, the American Dietetic Association, the World Heart Federation, the British Dietetic Association, the British National Health Service, and others, advise against saturated fat because it risks humans to cardiovascular disease. Other health problems caused by saturated fats are Dyslipidemia, Breast cancer, Colorectal cancer, Ovarian cancer, Prostate cancer, and bone disease (they negatively affects bone mineral density). Alternatively, unsaturated fats reduce blood cholesterol level and should be favored to saturated fats.
- Shrimp: “Shrimp contains 4-Hexylresorcinol, a food additive used to prevent discoloration in shrimp,” Dr. Josh Axe said. Dr. Axe believes this additive has estrogen-like effects that could reduce sperm count in men and increase breast cancer risk in women. He further explained that water in the shrimp pond is often treated with neurotoxic organophosphate pesticide which is associated ADHD, memory loss and tremors. In order to kill mollusks in shrimp ponds before stocking the shrimps, the ponds are treated with organotin compounds. Organotin compounds are hormone-disrupting chemicals which mimic estrogen disrupts the hormonal system leading to obesity, regardless of what they eat.
These and much more are food you should absolutely avoid in order to stay safe and healthy.